Crew Resource Management (CRM) for Cabin Crew members and Pilots
SACAA ACCREDITATION NUMBER CAA/0103
The objective of Crew Resource CRM Training is Flight safety and how displaying honesty, directness, mutual respect, positive critique and feedback can play a vital role in flight safety.
What will you learn?
CRM is a comprehensive training module aimed at improving crew / staff performance. It addresses cabin, flight crew and/or staff members as a working unit, and focuses on their attitudes, behaviours and their impact on safety and service. It is a management system that makes optimum use of all available resources – equipment, people and procedures – to promote service and or to promote safety thus enhancing their efficiency. When conducted for flight crew members, the course is aimed at establishing a better understanding of each other’s roles and responsibilities thus bridging the gap in communication between parties
Who should attend?
Cabin Crew members and Pilots
- History of CRM
- Communications processes and decision behaviour; Internal and external influences on interpersonal communications
- Barriers to communication; Listening skills; Decision making skills; Effective briefings Developing open communications
- Inquiry, advocacy, and assertion training; Self-critique; Conflict resolution; Teamwork
- Situational awareness; How to prepare, plan and monitor task completions; Individual factors
- Stress reduction and Risk; Fatigue; Threat & Error Management; Distraction avoidance
- When attending this course while undertaking the Cabin Crew member licensing programme the course entry requirements will be the same as those for initial training
- A valid flight crew members’ licence for licensed crew members
+27 11 395 3630/
+27 11 973 0009/
+27 72 149 5997
Denel North Gate, Building R2 3rd Floor, 3 – 8 Atlas Road
Bonaero Park, Kempton Park, 1619
CABIN CREW & GROUND HANDLING
Designed to equip passionate Cabin Crew for more senior roles, performing essential duties that keep flights safe and efficient.