Dangerous Goods Training
CAA Accreditation CAA/0103
SACAA Accreditation Number CAA/0018
Dangerous Goods are articles or substances which are capable of posing a risk to health, safety, property or to the environment when transported by air, and which are classified according to the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
This course is mandatory for Flight Deck, Cabin Crew Members and Ground Personnel and needs to be renewed every 2 years. It forms part of the Cabin Crew member licensing programme or as a standalone subject for all Aviation Personnel.
What will you learn?
The syllabus for Dangerous Goods training will vary according to the Category of DG training required. These requirements are listed in the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (Table 1.5A).
Who should attend?
Flight Deck, Cabin Crew members and Passenger Ground Handling Agents
- General Philosophy
- General Requirement for Shippers
- List of Dangerous Goods
- General Packing Requirements
- Packing Instructions
- Marking & Labelling
- Shippers Declaration and other Relevant Documentation
- Acceptance Procedures
- Recognition of Undeclared DG
- Storage and Loading Procedures
- Pilots notification
- Provisions for Passengers & Crew Emergency Procedures
- When attending this course while undertaking the Cabin Crew member licensing programme, the course entry requirements will be the same as those for initial training.
- A flight crew members’ licence for licensed crew members
+27 11 395 3630/
+27 11 973 0009/
+27 72 149 5997
Denel North Gate, Building R2 1st Floor, 3 – 8 Atlas Road
Bonaero Park, Kempton Park, 1619
CABIN CREW & GROUND HANDLING
South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) compliant course, that exceeds regulatory requirements by offering above- standard theoretical and practical experience.