Flight Dispatchers Course
Our ICAO standard flight dispatcher course mirrors the FAA, FAR Part 65 aircraft dispatcher programme and exceeds the minimum SA CAA regulatory requirements.
The programme addresses theoretical knowledge and practical applications for trainees to achieve a level of proficiency to successfully acquire the flight dispatcher certificate in support of operations as outlined in SA CATS 121. This qualification will enhance career opportunities with Part 91 (private), Part 135 (charter) or scheduled Part 121 airline operations.
Who should attend:
Current flight operations personnel as well as individuals seeking an exciting career in flight dispatcher/ flight operations.
What will you learn:
The flight dispatcher programme is designed to enhance knowledge, safety and efficiency in the flight operations space.
• Radio Aids
• Principles of Flight, Aircraft Technical
• Performance, Weight and Balance
• Navigation, Flight Planning
• Aerodrome Categories, Air Operating Certificates, Aircraft Documentation
• Bilateral Agreements
• Operations Control, Commanders Authority, Flight and Duty Limitations
• Ground Handling, Slot times, Emergency Services
• Legislation, RVSM, NAT/MNPS, ETOPS (ER)
Training material to be provided on commencement of course
The pass rate for all theoretical and practical exams is a minimum of 80%. Trainees failing any examination will be allowed only one (1) rewrite attempt. Trainees MUST achieve an 80% average pass mark throughout the course in order to gain entry to the final qualifying examination.
• Trainees must be a minimum of 18 years of age. There is no maximum age restriction
• International learners must be in possession of a valid travel document and appropriate visa valid for the entire duration of the course. (Comair may assist with letters of support to the embassies for visa applications where required.
• A high school completion certificate (matric) or an equivalent NQF Level 4 certificate
• Trainees should have a good grasp of mathematics. (mathematics literacy may be inadequate without a maths bridging course.
• The ability to manage large volumes of work
• Personal medical insurance
Non-refundable deposit for registration: R10,000-00 to be paid before 31st of March 2020
Balance of payment: R18,500-00 to be paid before 30th of April 2020
All prices quoted above do not include Value Added Tax (currently rated at 15%).
Foreign exchange payments are VAT exempt.
+27 11 393 7837
Fortress St & Whirlwind St
Rhodesfield, Kempton Park, 1619